Friday, August 29, 2014

Evan's KCCO Bomb



Hi Team,

Alright so we all know that guy; the one who will always get everyone to do an Irish Car Bomb. For our group that great guy is my wife's cousin Evan. Once again this drink was issued as a challenge so here we go: Evan this one is for you!

I wanted to make something that held a close relationship to the original drink, but added something more to change up the flavor profile. The first thing that I changed was the beer. Normally you would use Guinness but for this I decided on the new KCCO black lager (if you can't find you can use another stout or black lager) which really has a great flavor profile on it's own. Check out the recipe below:

Shot #1
Kahlua 1/2 ounce
Godiva Chocolate Liqueur 1/2 ounce

Shot #2
Jameson 1/2 ounce
Bailey's 1/2 ounce

I knew that I didn't want to change the great Jameson/Bailey's combo so I added a pre shot that uses chocolate liqueur and Kahlua.

So here is how you take this shot; first take the pre-shot with the Kahlua and chocolate. This shot sets up the experience; the flavor isn't overly sweet but smooth. Next drop your bomb and chug. Remember to drink fast as it will curdle like any Bailey's and beer combo.




No comments:

Post a Comment